Delete Instagram Account
In addition to photos and short videos, Instagram is a popular social media platform. Despite the platform’s popularity among celebrities when it was launched in October 2010, it is now a platform where individuals can voice issues facing the public.
During the recent protests in India against the Citizenship Amendment Act (CAA) and the 2019 Hong Kong protests, Instagram was also used as a medium. However, Instagram also gets plenty of fake news and misinformation posts, just like Facebook. You might want to deactivate your Instagram account because of this, or maybe you feel overwhelmed by social media.
What are the steps for temporarily deactivating your Instagram account?
You can temporarily disable your Instagram account by following these steps.
- Visit https://instagram.com to access your Instagram account.
- Click or tap the Edit Profile icon in the upper-right corner of your profile and then choose the appropriate options.
- On the bottom right corner, click or tap Temporarily disable my account.
- On the account-disablement page, Instagram will provide a drop-down menu next to Why are you doing this? Select an option from the menu and then enter your password again. There are several options in the drop-down menu, such as Can’t find any people to follow, Concerned about your data, need a break, Privacy concerns, Too busy, too distracting, too many ads, and Want the feature turned off. If you don’t want to specify your reason for temporary deactivation, you can select Something else.
- To deactivate the account, select Temporarily Disable Account from the dropdown menu.
In the Instagram app on your mobile device, you are unable to deactivate your account temporarily. By simply logging in, you can also reactivate your account if it has been deactivated. Your profile, photos, comments, and likes will be hidden until you reactivate your Instagram account. Temporary account deactivation is allowed only once a week.
If you want to adjust your privacy and preferences without deactivating your account, Instagram provided the option of setting your posts private or blocking people.
There is, however, a different workaround you can use if you don’t want to deactivate but permanently delete your Instagram account.
What is the process of permanently deleting an Instagram account?
Follow the steps below to delete your Instagram account permanently. You won’t be able to sign up with the same username in the future or add it to another account once you delete your account. A deleted Instagram account cannot also be reactivated.
- If you want to delete your Instagram account permanently, go to the Delete Your Account page on the Instagram website after logging in.
- Now, there is a drop-down menu beside Why are you deleting your account? Which option you select will determine how the deletion process will work.
- In addition to Too many ads, Privacy concerns, Concerned about my data, Creating a second account, Trouble getting started, Wanting to remove something, and being unable to find people to follow, there are also other choices.
- Your reason will be linked to some articles in Instagram’s Help Center. There is also an option to select Something else if your specific reason for deletion isn’t listed.
- Passwords must be entered again.
- You can click or tap on Removing my account permanently.
You cannot recover your Instagram photos, comments, likes, or followers once you click or tap the Permanently delete my account button. The same username cannot be used in the future as well, as mentioned above.
You can delete a separate account from the Delete Your Account page by clicking its username, choosing Log Out next to the settings gear, or tapping or clicking the settings gear option. To delete an account, you will need to log in with the account you want to delete and follow the steps outlined above.
The Delete Your Account page also includes a link for temporarily deactivating your Instagram account if you don’t want to delete it forever.
Deactivate Instagram Account
Just as you cannot temporarily deactivate your Instagram account, you cannot delete your Instagram account from the app.
Instagram has made changes in the recent past that have reduced the number of accounts deactivated and deleted. In its ‘Restrict’ feature, Facebook launched an option that lets users stop people who bully them by posting offensive content. The feature also flags objectionable captions with a ‘Caption Warning.’
Users on Instagram can flag fake news on the platform as part of a fact-checking program introduced in August. It was found, however, that the project had a limited impact on the removal of misinformation. In addition, Instagram recently announced that it is partnering with fact-checkers around the world to combat misinformation. The platform has already partnered with US third parties to help identify, review, and label posts that spread bogus content to the public.
A month ago, Instagram’s account started requiring birthdates from all new users to be eligible to advertise products that are only available to teens, ensuring the safety of young users. To verify birthdates, the platform does not require proof and relies on artificial intelligence to verify them.
Instagram: What is it?
With its mobile app, Instagram emphasizes photo and video sharing. Your followers can like, comment, and share it by taking, editing, and publishing visual content.
Instagram has become so ubiquitous that I can’t recall life without it. A common phrase is “do it for the gram,” which means “do something so that we can take a picture and post it.”
You might want to reconsider joining the one billion people on Instagram. I use Instagram to stay up to date on my friends’ lives — instead of looking at Facebook, I check it out. Furthermore, you can read candid photos of your favorite stars and politicians.
The platform is also a fantastic way to discover what other brands are doing. For example, Nike puts inspiring athlete stories on Instagram Stories, which aren’t everywhere.
Join Instagram by following these simple steps
Instagram can be signed up for with either an email address or a phone number. Once you have downloaded the Instagram app on your smartphone, click “sign up.” You can register with Facebook, an email, or a phone number. Create your profile by choosing a username and password.
Follow these steps to join Instagram:
- Install the Instagram app from the Play Store (Android) or App Store (iPhone) to access Instagram from your desktop.
- Using your desktop, you can also fill in your mobile number or email, name, username, and password. Once you have clicked “Sign up,” you will be taken to a signup page.
- To sign up with your mobile phone number or email address, click “Sign Up With Email.”
- “Create a new account” is a menu option on iPhone.
- Click “Next” once you have entered your email address and phone number. On the app, you can also sign up with your Facebook account.
- You will then be instructed to fill out your profile information after entering your username and password. Once you’re done, click “Done.”
- For Facebook registration, if you’re logged out, you’ll need to sign in with your Facebook account.
Instagram Notifications: How Do They Work?
You may wish to adjust your account’s notifications, so you receive only the information you desire. You might opt to receive notifications every time someone likes you, or you might only wish to receive notifications when someone follows you. It is possible to disable all notifications for likes.
I understand if this list overwhelms you – I am also overwhelmed by it. To begin, set your notifications to “From Everyone.” Then, you can turn specific notifications off if they become annoying.
This process works only if you deactivated your account less than 30 days ago. Within 30 days, your report will be permanently deleted, meaning you cannot recover it or create a new one using your previous username.